Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Why Would You Move to Oklahoma?!

When my family first moved to Oklahoma many of our friends in Virginia would ask questions or say things like "why Oklahoma?", "There isn't even anything to do there!", or my personal favorite "aren't there a lot of cow pastures there?" I personally wasn't quite as anti Oklahoma in terms of activities and cow volume. I was more anti Oklahoma in the sense of why move? What is so special about Oklahoma that I can't have in Virginia? Outside of my wonderful family of course!

When I made my first journey to the Mid West prior to my families relocation, it was my fathers mission to fill my two week visit with all kinds of OKC specific Shenanigans.  These included a variety of things like exploring Bricktown, and taking me to all sorts of local shops and restaurants. My father was basically the ultimate Oklahoma City salesmen.  He brought up literally ever pro he could imagine from food, to cost of living, all the way to the dramatic difference in highway traffic.  

Incredibly long and overly dramatic story short.. It worked!  About seven months later I ended up following my parents to good ole Oklahoma, and discovering all of the okie-isms for myself!

KCH

No comments:

Post a Comment